Joshua Dale Crawford Aug. 26, 1989 - Apr. 21, 2010

Friday, May 30, 2008

Where Did He Come From?

Last night we were all sitting downstairs watching our latest addiction “So You Think You Can Dance.” If any of you haven’t seen the show it’s akin to American Idol only for dancing, even to the point where the entertainment in watching the auditions is for the really bad dancers that inevitably show up because no one in their life loves them enough to honestly tell them “You can’t dance, and I won’t let you go on national television and make a fool of yourself.” Honestly, is it just me or does anyone else out there wonder where the constructive criticism in these people’s lives has disappeared to? Nevertheless it makes for great TV so I suppose one could argue it’s a necessary evil? If you’re a producer that is.

At any rate, as we sat there watching many a fool who thought they could dance, Austin and Lucas naturally decided they needed to start dancing too. So what did Angie and I do? We encouraged them! Austin was doing some sort of wacked out schizo’ dance which served only to cause Angie and I to laugh uncontrollably. Angie naturally quipped, “Where did he come from?”

Austin immediately stopped his dancing, walked over to both of us, and in all seriousness stated, “I came from Heavenly Father.” We shared a family hug and he merrily went back to his dancing as Angie and I sat there in utter amazement. It was definitely one of those “I can’t believe he is actually listening to anything said in Primary or Family Home Evening” moments.

On a separate note, this past Sunday was Austin’s first Scripture and Prayer assignment for opening exercises in Primary. He was so excited to speak into the microphone. We practiced all week on the assigned scripture as well as some appropriate things to say for a Primary prayer. Angie and I went in to watch him, and when his time came I proudly carried him to the front of the room (he wouldn’t walk), I delivered the scripture into the microphone, and I finished it off with a wonderful and simple Primary prayer. Austin sheepishly stood next to me the entire time, face buried in my shoulder. In his defense I must add that we have church from 1 – 4 and he fell asleep in Sacrament Meeting. So we had to wake him up just to get him to Primary in the first place. He’s quite talkative normally so we think he would’ve done just fine were it not for the fact that he had just been woken up.

3 comments:

Julianna said...

Don't you just love that show to pieces!!!! In my opinion, it crushes AI. I can't wait to see Autin audition next year.

MyR said...

I'm so proud of you for giving a scripture and prayer in Primary! What a good boy you are! Why didn't you and Angie join in the dancing...I would have!

Jeff Corry said...

Your kid falls asleep...
I am jealous.
I brought Dallin home after Sacrament today to put him to bed...
Parenthood. It's pretty good.