Joshua Dale Crawford Aug. 26, 1989 - Apr. 21, 2010

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Survivor's Ready

Friday night when I got home from work I was greeted by the boys in the customary manner. Luke yells “Daaaaaaaaad!” and comes running to the top of the stairs. I always pick him up, then Austin’s right behind waiting for his hugs and asking if I brought him a surprise. Well, on this particular Friday, Austin couldn’t wait to ask me if I wanted to race him. “Sure, I replied.” So we got ready to race. We had to stand at one end of our house and would be racing to the other end of the house. But we needed Mom to start the racing.

So Austin ran to get Angie. She came out and started us racing:

“On your marks, Get set…”

“NO MOM! NO. YOU’RE NOT DOING IT RIGHT!”

“I’m sorry,” Angie replied, “what do I need to do?”

“Mom, you’re supposed to say Survivor’s Ready…Go.”

“Alright, alright. Survivor’s Ready…Go!”

And thus the racing began.

CBS must be so proud of us. So that’s how we start all races at our house now.
“Survivors Ready…Go!”

1 comment:

De said...

Austin always seems to say the funniest things!