Joshua Dale Crawford Aug. 26, 1989 - Apr. 21, 2010

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Whoa, Yes We Call Him ‘The Streak’


He ain't crude.
Looka dat, looka dat!
He ain't rude.
Looka dat, looka dat!
He's just in the mood to run in the nude.
Whoa, yes they call him The Streak ("zipppp" kazoo sound)
Looka dat, looka dat!
He likes to turn the other cheek
Looka dat, looka dat!
He's always makin' the news wearin' just his tennis shoes,
Guess you could call him unique ("zipppp" kazoo sound)
- Ray Stevens

Tuesday is our garbage pickup day. As such, each Monday night we dutifully roll the garbage can out to the street for pickup the next morning. We also have recycling and yard waste pickup on rotating Tuesdays, such that each week we have two cans going out to the street. Yesterday happened to be yard waste day so we had put out our garbage can as well as our yard waste can. Both were picked up without incident.

So what’s all this talk about The Streak? Stay with me, I’m getting there.

Yesterday, after our garbage and yard waste had been picked up, I told the boys I was going outside to bring the garbage cans back up to the house. I’d only be gone a minute. Well, as many of you may know, we have been in the process of cleaning up our yard which is in a terrible state of disrepair. We now have all the bushes in the front yard cut down and sitting in three huge piles on the front lawn. As the yard waste bin was now empty I thought I’d stop off real quick and load it back up from one of these piles. Thus my one minute to grab the garbage cans turned into a few minutes as I filled the yard waste bin back up.

Finally as I was nearing completion, I heard Austin calling me from the house. I turned to see him and he had just come out the carport door and was hopping towards me. Why was he hopping? Well that’s what you do when your pants (and underwear) are down around your ankles!

Apparently, while I had been outside, he’d had to go potty. He’s a big boy and can easily go to the bathroom by himself. What he hasn’t quite mastered yet is wiping and pulling his pants back up when he’s done. He typically just calls for either Jason or I to come help him get cleaned up. But this time he called and called and no one came. So naturally he had to come find me.

Now, you have to understand the layout of our house to fully appreciate what he went through to find me. Our only two bathrooms are upstairs at one end of the house. The carport door (downstairs) is on that same end of the house, but the stairs are at the other end of the house. He had hopped the length of the house upstairs, down the stairs, then the length of the house again to get to the door he eventually came out, and ultimately had hopped a good portion of the distance to where I was before I could get to him and pull his pants up and usher him back inside.

And that my friends is why we call him The Streak!

2 comments:

Becky said...

You're killing me. That's hilarious.

MyR said...

You are quite the blogger lately! I usually check in every once in awhile and I know it's been too long this time but WHOA...you had LOTS of new ones.