Joshua Dale Crawford Aug. 26, 1989 - Apr. 21, 2010

Friday, March 20, 2009

Snap, Snap

Before anyone gets the wrong idea, I did NOT teach my son this. How could I? It doesn’t work when I do it, all I get is a punch in the face, okay maybe not the face, but at least in the arm, but it still hurts. But my point is, since I can’t do it how could I possibly teach it to Austin? Remember also that he’s an absolute sponge (http://crawford-crew.blogspot.com/2008/07/absorbent-and-yellow-and-porous-is-he.html). I have no idea where he gets half of the things he tells me. Now, on with the post.

The Date: March 18, 2009
The Time: About 9:30 AM
The Place: Downstairs family room at the Crawford residence
The Setting: It’s the first day of NCAA March Madness 2009. The brackets have been filled out and the tournament’s first games are just beginning.
The Players: Austin – 4 yrs. Old; Mom – “Not a day over fast cars and freedom”

Mom: “Austin, guess what today is?”

Austin: “I don’t know, what?”

Mom: “Today is the day they start playing the basketball games. So you will find out if you picked the winners or not.”

Austin runs and jumps into the brown recliner situated in front of the TV showing the games just starting.

Austin: “Mom, Mom! I need help. Mom, hurry, I need help.”

Mom [freaking out at first because that’s what she does]: “What is it?”

Austin: “I need it to recline!”

Mom reclines the chair. Austin situates himself so he can relax and watch the games.

[A few minutes go by].

Austin snaps his fingers loudly twice. Mom ignores, not knowing what he’s doing.

Austin: “Mom, when I do this [snaps fingers again] that means I need a blanket.”

Mom: “Did your no-good, low-down, dirty, rotten, [expletive], [expletive], [expletive] father tell you to say that? I’m calling him right now and giving him a piece of my mind!”

THE END

2 comments:

Julianna said...

Hahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!

Jeff Corry said...

Ha ha. Oh...I bet Jason was in a lot of trouble that day!