Joshua Dale Crawford Aug. 26, 1989 - Apr. 21, 2010

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Bitter Bachelor

First of all, I want to make it very clear that I DO NOT WATCH THIS SHOW!!! Why don’t I watch it? Hopefully that will all be made clear after reading this.

Second, why am I blogging about it if I don’t watch it? That’s a great question. For some unknown reason my otherwise completely sane, normal, beautiful, intelligent wife made me watch the finale last night. Literally, she had me bound and gagged with toothpicks keeping my eyes open, sitting in front of the TV watching. I had no choice in the matter.

After watching perhaps 30 minutes of the show I predicted the rest of the entire nights events. That’s why I don’t watch the show. It’s always the same and it’s always very, very lame. Also, I think the entire premise of the show is flawed from the very beginning. I absolutely do not believe that the proper way to go about finding someone with which to spend the rest of your life is to make out with as many strangers as possible. It just doesn’t work like that. I also believe that if a person is truly honest with themselves, deep down they will know that you can’t love two different people as much as they (the contestants) always say they do at the same time. Over the course of a lifetime you may in fact love several different people with the same intensity and passion as to want to spend the rest of your life with them. But to do so at the same time is impossible. You will always prefer one person over the other. That’s why I think this shows a complete crock of crap.

Anyway, back to last night. Let me first explain my background knowledge on this season, what little there is, before seeing last night’s episode. And let me also explain that the only reason I know any of this is because that idiot is from Seattle so he’s been all over the news everywhere up here, such that I couldn’t escape him no matter where I went. Prior to last night I knew that he was down to two girls and I knew that they decided to shoot the “After the Rose” show in private because of the extreme drama and emotions it would be causing. I had also seen the commercial showing his complete meltdown after telling Molly goodbye, although in the commercial it wasn’t divulged yet over whom he was crying.

That’s it. That’s the extent of the knowledge I had about the show. As soon as I saw the dates with Melissa and Molly, I knew exactly what was going to happen. I knew he was going to choose Melissa. I knew that his major breakdown from the commercial would be when he told Molly that he hadn’t chosen her. I knew things wouldn’t work out with Melissa. And I knew that the “After the Rose” segment would be devoted to the breakup with Melissa and the subsequent attempt to mend things with Molly. It was all so obvious and thus all the more painful to actually sit through and watch. Not emotionally painful, but physically painful, as in torturous.

Here’s the politically incorrect portion of my ranting. Right about now you’re asking yourself, how did I know all this? Well, I have seen one prior season of the show, and, as a reality show fan, I’ve seen plenty of other reality dating shows, and they all end the same way. They always, ALWAYS choose the “hot” girl and never the “beautiful” girl. It doesn’t take long, a couple of weeks in this case, to realize that you don’t really want to marry the “hot” girl. You might think you want to, but you don’t. You just want to fool around with her for a while, show her off to your friends, and perhaps even your family a time or two. But that soon wanes, and you quickly realize that you actually want to marry the “beautiful” girl. And deep down, this is something you’ve always known, you just weren’t honest enough to admit it (e.g. compare his reaction to letting Molly go where he was doubled over in pain, tears, and sorrow to his reaction when he dumped Melissa where it seemed like he couldn’t have cared less). Time will tell if Molly really is a “beautiful” girl, because, as I also contend, anyone who would go on a show like that isn’t really looking to get married and settle down for life, but rather some face time on camera, but in this scenario where each has to play one of the roles, Molly was definitely the “beautiful” girl and thus the better choice. It was all so very, very predictable.

For what it’s worth, I think Molly should’ve kicked him to the curb too, after what he did to her! Not that they’re showing their real feelings anyway, after all, it’s just a show right?

1 comment:

Julianna said...

Oh man Jason!! You are such a hater!!! I'm not sure we can be friends anymore.

















j/k