Joshua Dale Crawford Aug. 26, 1989 - Apr. 21, 2010

Friday, October 24, 2008

Confession

It’s confession time. I suppose I’m prepared to lose friends over this issue, however, I really hope it doesn’t come to that. Many of you may in fact be offended by what I’m about to say because, quite frankly, this post is a result of my visiting your blogs.

So, here goes….I HATE PLAYLISTS ON BLOGS!!!! There I said it. It’s out. I just can’t hide it anymore.

I have never identified a single good reason for having a playlist on a blog. If I wanted to listen to music, I’d go listen to the radio or go to a website that allows me to tune in to my favorite station. But that’s not why I’m visiting your blog. I’m visiting your blog because I want to READ about you and/or your family. I want to know what you’ve been up to lately. I want to follow up on how your latest weekend trip went. I want to know how your kids are doing. But I absolutely do not want to hear a random sampling of your favorite songs. I just don’t.

Many of the blogs I follow do in fact have playlists, and the first thing I do is turn it off. And as if having the playlist in the first place isn’t irksome enough, most of the time I have to scroll all the way to the bottom of the page to find it, then I have to scroll all the way back to the top to read the latest post. GRRRRR!!!! But the absolute worst offense? Putting up a video on your blog for everyone to watch, and then reminding them to first turn off your playlist. DOUBLE GRRRRR!!!! It’s like you’re admitting that you know it’s an annoyance and yet it’s still there.

Am I alone in this fight? Please tell me someone out there is with me on this?

That’s all. I relinquish my soapbox for the day. Have a great weekend everyone.

9 comments:

Erin S. said...

haha, I'm right there with you! Plus, how are you supposed to check blogs while working if the music starts blasting! :)

Cynthia and Bryan said...

I can jump on this soap box with you !! HATE IT !!! So ya- looks like you all are doing well and the boys are growing like weeds !

MyR said...

I'm not a fan either so I'm glad you don't get annoyed when you visit my blog! :) The only time I notice is when I go to watch a video because I leave my sound off most of the time anyway.

I hope you feel better now that is off your chest!

Becky said...

Ha ha! I totally have a playlist - but sometimes I do get bugged when I can't find the pause button on other people's playlists. Funny, I laughed through that whole post!!

Unknown said...

LOL.. I am on board! It drives me crazy... I just turn the volume all the way down on my computer before checking blogs... don't worry, you'll never hear one on ours :)

Julianna said...

Guilty! I love my playlist. I have it on there so I can listen to music at work. Music that I picked out with no commercials. Really, it's for me and no one else. I always turn off my sound before checking anyone else's blogs.

Jeff Corry said...

I am not a big fan of those playlists either! Especially when I already have my own music throwing me around!

Rayna said...

I'm guilty. But I am totally with julianna, I have music on mine so that I can listen at work. Sorry, you will have to pause mine when you visit. Enjoy!

Cami D. said...

Ah ha ha ha ha this totally made me laugh OUT LOUD! It kind of sounds like you are crying! I don't have one on mine again but...don't you worry I'll put it on just for you! :)